• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My insurance is 20/40, Wife's is 100/300

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rench19

What is the name of your state? MA

I hit a man with my car. My insurance coverage is only 20/40 but the damages are well over that. My wife's policy is 100/300 and I am on her policy. Can the plaintiffs lawyers go after my wife's policy?

Gregg

lwpat

If the damages are more than the insurance they have the option of coming after you personally. It might be in your best interest if your wife's policy did cover you. You would need to talk to your insurance agent to determine the extent to which you are covered. No one on the forum can answer your question without reviewing the policy.

If they are not advised of the insurance then they won't know to go after it.

JETX

I think you have something confused and you need to review HER policy to check your coverage. A policy that high would normally indicate a leased vehicle. And if correct, then your name on her policy would only be to cover you when you are driving her leased vehicle, not yours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">