• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my insurance had lapsed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ibrobin

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? west virginia
i was involved in a rear end collision, with me being the one hitting the vehicle in front of me...when i called my insurance company the next day to report the accident, i was told that my insurance had lapsed, and that i did not have coverage....i was unaware of the cancellation, due to different premium notices that i had recieved, and had honestly thought that i had coverage...i am now being sued my the other motorists insurance carrier for the damages, $8,250.00....what can they do to me to collect?....i have no real assets, since i owe on my house, car, etc....i am a single mom, working full time....where do i stand?

B

badtenant

.i am a single mom, working full time....where do i stand?

How about UP A CREEK WITHOUT A PADDLE!

Hey where are the fathers of your kids? Why arent they helping out with some cashola?

Chances are you will have to file for bankruptcy.

And all this could have been avoided if you knew how to use a TELEPHONE and called the nice people at the insurance company and paid your bill on time, You could have paid it by credit card or checking account, and all of this would have taken 15 minutes.

B

blazon3

badtenant...

What is wrong with you? Does it help you feel better about yourself to put other people down?

You don't know anything about ibrobin's finances, so you don't have any basis on which to state that she will have to declare bankrupcy. And who are you to judge her family situation? She doesn't need to explain herself to you, nor to anyone else.

She is asking simply for legal advice.

Ibrobin, I unfortunately don't have any legal experience and therefore can't help with your situation. Hopefully some of the others here (who are, for the most part, kind people) will have some advice to offer you.

I wish you the best. :)

blazon

B

badtenant

She doesn't need to explain herself to you, nor to anyone else.

YO Blazon3:

This is where you are TOTALLY WRONG!

She has to explain in COURT why she was so lazy and irresponsible in having valid auto insurance.

She DOES have to answer to the court, or else she will have a judgment and they will try and collect from her so her best option would be bankruptcy.

You just dont understand what helping someone means.

B

blazon3

Irobin, just ignore badtenant and his rude comments. Hopefully someone who has some actual legal advice will come along. I've been reading at this site for quite some time now, and most people here are quite helpful.

blazon

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">