• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my mother had accident and is worried bout insurance not covering it all

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Big Rod

we live in egan texas close to ft.worth.she had an accident about 6 or 7 month ago where she was at fault of a 3 car accident.she was distracted at a light and it had changed and a car hit her witch made her car hit another witch was still stopped at the intersection,,there were three in that car,one was a child,mom and dad. they all claim to be hurt, and did recieve medical assestance bout two or three month later.the dad is saying he can't work no more and they are going for as much as they can get is what i understand.they were offered a settlement and turned it down.my mother has full coverage and uninsured motorist covage,she is 63 years old and works seven days week and makes a fare check she has some money saved back and owns some land and is buying a new home she also has some land in another state but it is being sold on a rent to own contract. i am one of three of her sons,just thee months ago she and i have just started a used car business witch is not making any money right now but it is a business all the same.,,,,her insurance company turned the case over to their lawers and in turn they wrote my mom and stated that they are only hired to repersent her on the accident and not her assets if these people go further than her insurance covage,witch has got her so worried about the outcome of this lawsuit. i told her that,i'm not 100 percent sure but i herd that they made a law in texas where no one could take someones house away and other than that i couldn't tell her anything else.she's afraid that these people are going to sue her insuance,take her house and or one of he cars and or her land and now she is also scared to go further with the used car business and the fact that she is 63 years old and working all the time ,it just seems to be really getting to her, can someone tell us what,if anything these people can do if they go further than her insurance on the lawsuit. i mean,in the state of texas ,i don't think they can take your house but should she be worried bout her money or the new business etc.,,,can someone tell me the laws in texas on someting like this.we are planning to go see a lawer but i heard of this website and thought i would check here first for some free advise just to ease her mind THANK U VERY MUCH BIG ROD

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Please help us to help you. It appears that your post is quite lengthy. Since we want to help you, it would be appreciated, and in your interest, if you could re-write your post to shorten its length.

Some suggestions would be to remove any extra words that do not go to the heart of your question and issues. Also, if you have any emotional or editorial type words or phrases, please remove those also. In other words, be your own worst critic, and stick to the facts.

Additionally, if you haven't already done so, please use paragraphs rather than running each sentence into the next. This, alone would make your post easier to read and understand.

Thank you for your kind cooperation, and I'm sure, after you've re-posted, someone will be with you shortly to assist you.

Thanks,
IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">