• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my new car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deehale

What is the name of your state? texas
i was rear ended by someone in my new car ive only had for 2 mo it has 4000
miles on it. i think they should have to replace my car instead of fixing it the car is never going to be the same.the engine light is flashing when i start the carnow it is undrivable at this time.they havent even sent the adjuster out to look at it yet.i just know i want the car i started with not a damaged car that now everything can go wrong with it.

Unless they total the car out the insurance company is only required to fix the damages. If they haven't come out to see the damages....I personally wouldn't drive the car, you may be creating further damage to it w/o knowing.

teflon_jones

They're only required to fix the damage they caused. You're not entitled to a new car. Call their insurance company and find out when the adjuster is going to be there!

deehale

teflon_jones said:
They're only required to fix the damage they caused. You're not entitled to a new car. Call their insurance company and find out when the adjuster is going to be there!

I UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ONLY HAVE TOFIX WHAT THEY MESSED UP BUT THAT IS WHAT IM SAYING THERE WAS NO DAMAGE TO IT BEFORE THIS ACCIDENT I TAKE VERY GOOD CARE OF MY CAR.I HAD A NEW CAR BEFORE THIS ACC. AND THIS HAS CAUSED DEP. OF MY CAR IF I TRADE IT IN I WILL NEVER GET A GOOD AMOUNT FOR IT

Y

ylen13

don't know texas law but usually you can have it fixed at any place you want. Call dealer and find out what bodyshopt they use and have the car fixed there. Insurance will pay for all the damages that person made to your car. Only way you can get a new car is if the damage to repair the car is more then value of the car at the moment that it was hit.

teflon_jones

deehale said:
I UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ONLY HAVE TOFIX WHAT THEY MESSED UP BUT THAT IS WHAT IM SAYING THERE WAS NO DAMAGE TO IT BEFORE THIS ACCIDENT I TAKE VERY GOOD CARE OF MY CAR.I HAD A NEW CAR BEFORE THIS ACC. AND THIS HAS CAUSED DEP. OF MY CAR IF I TRADE IT IN I WILL NEVER GET A GOOD AMOUNT FOR IT
I'm just giving you the facts, don't get upset with me. I don't make the rules insurance companies follow! You can ask for compensation for loss of value on the vehicle, but you're not going to get much if anything. What is the extent of the damage to your vehicle?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">