• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Options

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

ParisAja13

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Washington

I was in an accident a month ago and everything is going smoothly so far. The woman who rear ended me has the same insurance company as me and so far, they have been helpful. My insurance is paying for all my medical bills and her insurance paid for my car to be fixed and part of a rental car. I have been out of work since the accident because of the injuries to my neck and back. I don't know when I will be able to go back. I receive $185 a week from my short term disability at work and I am supposed to receive $200 from State Farm (although nothings has come from them yet).

So my question here is what do I do about the rest of the lost wages? I have lost $2970.94 in the time I have been out. Also, I had to pay $59 for the rental car even though the insurance people said they would pay for it, so I want that reimburrsed as well. Friends of mine said to get a lawyer, but I really don't want one.

This is my first accident, so I don't have any clue what the procedures are in getting my money back or anything about settlements. I would appreciate any and all advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">