• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My parked truck was hit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sundownr

My truck was parked in front of a house in Washington State when it was hit by a woman backing out of her driveway. Initially she accepted full responsibility and we entered into a good faith agreement that she would pay for repairs. She made a partial payment but now claims I am equally at fault because I was parked illegally. This is a rural area with no posted parking restrictions. I was parked further from her driveway than I would have been in a typical shopping center parking lot. I had been parking in this spot for a couple of mornings a week for at least two months with no incident. She had numerous ways to avoid the accident, including letting me know I was inconveniencing her, but she chose none of them. I would like to take her to small claims court but want to know if her claim of my responsibility is true. Please help

Last edited:

xylene

Sundownr said:
we entered into a Good Faith agreement that she would pay for repairs.

You forgot your state.

By capitalizing Good Faith, does it mean that you have this promise to pay in writing?

Sundownr

Good Faith

My state is Washington. No, the Good Faith agreement was verbal. I corrected both things in my posting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">