• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My parked uninsured car was hit by uninsured driver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jprangejr78

What is the name of your state? Michigan
earily in the morning my car was parked on the side of the road like always facing west someone came down the road going east and struck the front end of my car. I have not seen the damage because the police had it towed to a yard. Apparently it was hit hard enough to move it either infront of someone driveway or into the middle of the street. The driver who hit my car gave police proof of insurance but when i contacted the insurance company the informed me that the vehicle was no longer insured. The police department told me to call back tomorrow and talk to a sargent in charge of traffic or something like that. what are my chances of getting anything out of this? :confused:

when i contacted the insurance company they could not locate the person as an insured driver but when given the vin # of the car they could verify that the car had been insured by the company before, what are the chances the person gave the police false information what do i do then?

Last edited:

teflon_jones

You'll need to file a claim in small claims court against the other driver. Your chances of getting anything depend on their ability and willingness to pay, neither of which anybody here can gauge.

Last edited:

teflon_jones

What the police may do about it and your damages are unrelated. Call the sergeant you were referred to and ask him if they're going to do anything about it. But this has nothing to do with your damages. See my post above about that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">