• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Helpless516

What is the name of your state? Maryland

In 1994 I rented a car which my very worthless boyfriend let another woman drive and wreck it. I made arrangements to lpay them $50 a month until the debt was paid off. I have actually been paying them $75 a month faithfully until this month when I was on an extended vacation and forgot it was time to renew my six month payment plan. These people have harrased my father over the telephone (even though I have requested no telephone contact) and when I finally receive written notice from them it tells me that they expect payment in full immediately and they also enclose a copy of a letter they say that they have sent to the DMV to request the suspension of my license (even though I contacted them to renew my payment arrangements). Can they do this? I don't know whether this matters or not, but there was no judgement entered.

Any thoughts

As a side note this debt is listed in two names am I only required to pay half? The original claim person I dealt with many years ago said that they were not going to obther to find the other person because I was so easy to find.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">