• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My son is in sooo much trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dilbert16001

I live in PA. My son was recently involved in an auto accident. We are not sure who's fault it really was. My son is being charged with drug paraphinila (marijuana bong)and a DUI due to a blood test. He rear-ended a elderly couple. My son says they pulled out of nowhere and did not have any lights on. He was traveling through a green light and hit them just after the intersection. My son said that a woman had come up to him while he was trying to see if the couple was OK and asked him to sit in her car until paramedics arrived. This woman claimed to him that she had seen the accident and seen that they had no lights on. The police at the scene supposedly questioned the woman and she had said that she drove up to the scene after the accident had happened. The police did not even take her name. Although I do not agree in the slightest with my son's actions with the drug interactions and would like to punish and deter him myself, I do not agree with how the investigation was conducted. I would like to know if you think my son has any chance of not being deemed entirely at fault in this accident? Should I seek legal advice of how the police handled the accident investigation?

HomeGuru

Yes, hire an attorney right away.
Things are not looking good with a DUI, pot bong and hitting an elderly couple. I am almost positive the elderly couple were not drunk, stoned and listening to Grateful Dead at the time of the accident.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">