• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

got bit

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

I was taking my son school shopping today and the well known department store seems to have an ant problem that I wasn't aware of. As I was looking at the pants I felt stinging all over and my hands, arms, ankles and legs were covered with red ants that were stinging me. At first I was blown off, I demanded to make an incident report because I'm 5 months pregnant and they told me I should hear from the executives tomorrow. My son doesn't want to finish school shopping tomorrow now because he says he is afraid there will be bugs, not to mention I have tiny blisters on me. Should I be compensated for what happened? When maintenance was called to "spray" he told the manager that they were out of ant spray from the other day with the ants by the front door that he used Windex and they would get more Ant spray tomorrow. It was gross, the ants were all over the clothes as I was frantically noticing while trying to get them off me.

JETX

"Should I be compensated for what happened?"
*** Sounds like 'fireants'..... a fairly common situation in parts of the south. I would assume that the store should offer you some type of compensation, maybe a discount or something like that as a 'good will' gesture.
However, if you are hoping this will be a large settlement, no, they have no legal liability for your inconvenience.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">