• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

canida03

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I just got into an accident and need some help. This is what happened. The left lane was backed up with traffic and I was driving in the middle lane. The road has six lanes and a divider. While driving, I saw a car switch into my lane and had to get into the right lane in order to not hit him. I then proceeded to get back into the middle lane. Halfway into the lane, another car who I saw out of my rearview mirror got into the same lane I was getting into and hit me. She took my whole bumper off and bumped me into the right lane. She was in the backed up lane and decided to get into the middle one. She hit my rear bumper. Anyways, she got out of the car and blamed me. The cop took her side, but because she listened to both of us at the same time and everytime I tried to say something, the other driver cut me off. She said that she was not moving at all and that I hit her bumper when in fact she had no injury to her car; just mine. I kniow that I didn't hit her because I would have hit the car in front of her who was not moving. The damage to my car tells otherwise. My bumper has a crack on the side she hit and scuff marks also. She didn't have a license(revoked) and was smiling the whole time. I know that she was lying because if she was stopped, I would not have hit her. The cop said that her front end was out in the middle lane and that my bumper snagged hers, but why does my bumper have black scuff marks and why is there a dent on my car above where my bumper was? Please answer ASAP. I was not given a ticket or charged; the cop said it was up to the insurance company. She was given a ticket for not having license.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">