• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice for accident Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

ghaggin

In California My girlfriend was in an accident in my car. The other party was at fault. She had several physical injuries, her Dr. also referred her to a psychiatrist. He diagnosed her with having acute posttrumatic stress disorder. Part of her symtoms from that was sleeping problems, including sleepwalking, which she had never done before the accident. 15 days after the accident while she was sleepwalking, she fell down a stairs and broke her foot and sprained her other knee. She is now in a wheelchair. Can the fall be atributed to the auto accident reasonalby and is the other parties insurance resposible for her medical bills relating to the fall.

ALawyer

In the hands of a very good lawyer the damages sustained as a consquence of the original accident may be recoverable -- the issue will be the causation, and the other side will argue that it was not caused by the first accident.

I really hope your friend has a lawyer helping her out and is NOT trying to "doityourself".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">