• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice and question answered please.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ConvertOH

What is the name of your state? OH

My car was damaged in an accident, no injuries. My question is, can the other persons insurance co. just pay what my car is worth or do they have to pay the cost of repairs?

The cost of repairs is $3,800 but I believe my car is only worth roughly $2,850. I Just put new tires all the way around on it and had about $2,000 worth of maintenance repairs within the last few months, wheel bearings, struts, entire rack and pinion replaced.

The other driver was at fault and was given a citation by the police, also the other driver did not own the car, but the car owners insurance co. will be sending an adjuster soon.

C

consumercity

This is a what's known as a "total loss" because it costs more to repair the car than to replace it. Unfortunately, the insurance company only has to pay what the car is worth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">