• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice on what i should do about an accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GreatMaxiPad

What is the name of your state? Florida

Last night I was in an accident, and my car was totaled. I was making a left turn and got nailed by a drunk driver running a red light. She got a dui, there were 3 other people in the car including her god damn son who was under 5. I need transportation, bad, and I wanted to know how I should go about handling the situation. I also plan on suing.

Right now my lower back, neck, and head are bothering me. My friend and I both plan on going to a chiropractor (sp?) to get checked out. My friend had a bloody nose and some bruises after the accident.

ps: my car was a red 95 cavalier 2 dr 18k miles.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

GreatMaxiPad said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

Last night I was in an accident, and my car was totaled. I was making a left turn and got nailed by a drunk driver running a red light. She got a dui, there were 3 other people in the car including her god damn son who was under 5. I need transportation, bad, and I wanted to know how I should go about handling the situation. I also plan on suing.

Right now my lower back, neck, and head are bothering me. My friend and I both plan on going to a chiropractor (sp?) to get checked out. My friend had a bloody nose and some bruises after the accident.

ps: my car was a red 95 cavalier 2 dr 18k miles.

My response:

Thank you for your story. What would you like from us; i.e., why did you write to us?

You said, "I also plan on suing." The connotation of that statement means that you plan to hire a Personal Injury attorney. Good idea.

IAAL

G

GreatMaxiPad

I've never been in this type of situation before seeing as I'm 17. So I really have no clue where to start, any guidance or advice you can give me would be appreciated.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

GreatMaxiPad said:
I've never been in this type of situation before seeing as I'm 17. So I really have no clue where to start, any guidance or advice you can give me would be appreciated.

My response:

You said, "I also plan on suing." The connotation of that statement means that you plan to hire a Personal Injury attorney. Good idea.

That's where you "start".

IAAL

G

GreatMaxiPad

I only have a few pains, nothing to serious as far as I know, but is there anything else worth looking into?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

GreatMaxiPad said:
I only have a few pains, nothing to serious as far as I know, but is there anything else worth looking into?

====================================

My response:

You've received all the advice you need. Have a nice day.

IAAL

D

DogToenails

When I was hit by a drunk who fled the scene on foot, his insurance company (I couldn't BELIEVE he had insurance) arranged a rental car for me. Perhaps you should call the lady's ins. agent and inquire about that to take care of your transportation problem.

S

stupidme2

you are under 18. You are probably on your parent's insurance. Ask them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">