• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advise about car accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bruin

I need some advise, I was backing out of a parking spot and hit a car driving past me.

I did see him coming down the street, but he was far enough away. To me he had to be speeding, but he was not given a citation.

I had borrowed my roomated truck, and just found out she doesnt have insurance.
What should I do. I dont have money to pay for his damages?
I dont want my roomate to be in any trouble.
Thank you This was in New Hampshire

[This message has been edited by Bruin (edited October 26, 2000).]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Perhaps your insurance will take care of it?

Otherwise, sorry, that person driving down the street had the right of way. Why do I say this? THink about it: if you, a person BACKING OUT OF A DRIVEWAY, had the right of way, every driver out there would have to drive 1 mile an hour just get down a road, always having to look.

So.....your best bet, make sure you get 3 body repair shops to do an estimate. This way, you are not relying on the other driver's potentially biased estimates. Then, you calmly and maturely, propose a payment method. I.e over a term of months, etc. Make sure this is in writing and you always pay by check.

Otherwise, get ready for court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">