• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

xye24

What is the name of your state? Iowa.

I was involved in a car accident. My insurance company's adjuster and I cannot reach an agreement on my bodily damage settlement. The negotiation is now stalled. My questions are:

1. What will be happening next if finally we still cannot make a deal on my claim?
2. How much time do I have before the case is closed? I heard that in Iowa i have two years time to claim from my insurance company?
3. Do I need to get a lawyer?
4. Can I sue my insurance company for claiming more payment, because I think I am not fairly treated (or discriminated) by the adjuster?

Thanks a lot!

HomeGuru

xye24 said:
What is the name of your state? Iowa.

I was involved in a car accident. My insurance company's adjuster and I cannot reach an agreement on my bodily damage settlement. The negotiation is now stalled. My questions are:

1. What will be happening next if finally we still cannot make a deal on my claim?
2. How much time do I have before the case is closed? I heard that in Iowa i have two years time to claim from my insurance company?
3. Do I need to get a lawyer?
4. Can I sue my insurance company for claiming more payment, because I think I am not fairly treated (or discriminated) by the adjuster?

Thanks a lot!

**A: hire a PI attorney and let him/her deal with the insurance company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">