• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

misery

My state is Texas. My car had been broken down and sitting at my father in laws. We had a six month insurance policy so when it ran out we didn't get it renewed due to the cost of getting the car fixed. The day we got the car fixed we were driving it back to our house so that we could get insurance the next day. Well, this guy failed to yeild the right of way and we ended up hitting each other. I was injured and the estimate of damages to my car is about $3000. What should I do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

misery said:
My state is Texas. My car had been broken down and sitting at my father in laws. We had a six month insurance policy so when it ran out we didn't get it renewed due to the cost of getting the car fixed. The day we got the car fixed we were driving it back to our house so that we could get insurance the next day. Well, this guy failed to yeild the right of way and we ended up hitting each other. I was injured and the estimate of damages to my car is about $3000. What should I do?
My response:

I have no idea what you should do. You didn't describe the accident very well, and you didn't tell me whether the other guy had insurance, you didn't tell me if there was a Traffic Collision Report made, etc., etc.

The fact is, you didn't have insurance and you're going to lose your license for about 6 months to a year, and you're going to have to pay some heavy fines.

See an attorney.

IAAL

M

misery

help

okay, the other guy had insurance and he was at fault. I have to pay a ticket. I won't loose my license that i already know. What i want to know is is the other guy still liable to pay for the damages caused to my car. He failed to yield right of way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">