• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

madmaggie

After being treated for approx. 2 months, I was released to go back to work, with limited lifting restrictions. I called my employer to get my vehicle so I could resume my job. He came to my house, and told me that he decided to take me from my Manager's salary of $475.00 a week, to a $8.00 hr part-time driver, with no guarantee of any hours. After being off work for 2 months, my bills has piled up, and of course was unable to do this, and had to seek employment elsewhere.
I did hire an attorney, but evidently, the only course of action that they are going for is the insurance company of the truck that hit me. I realize that Tennessee doesn't have many employment laws that benefit the employee; however, this has caused great stress for my family and myself. The attorney says that after their fees, and all medical bills are paid, I am going to get $2400.00. I didn't ask for a ridiclous amount of money, just wanted to get enough to get my bills paid up, so that my life is where it was, before the accident The driver of the truck was cited for excessive speed, and careless and wreckless endangerment. He claimed that his brakes failed when he went to stop. This is noted on the accident report by the state trooper, however, this driver was allowed to proceed in the same truck that hit me, onto his job in Knoxville. I do not understand how the trooper could have let this driver proceed on, when is brakes, "failed". How safe is that, and is he protecting and serving the many other drivers on Tennessee roads?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Thanks for your story, but I'm a bit perplexed as to why you wrote.

Did you write that whole story just to get our opinion of the Trooper that let the other guy continue on to Knoxville with bad brakes ?

Is this why you wrote ? Because, I see no other questions with which to give you "Help".

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">