• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NEED HELP!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rar138

I am at my wits end--my mother filed a work comp claim against her employer in 1991-due to the negligence of her attorney at the time the industrial commissioner dismissed her case due to her attorney not filing in time.we are talking about a matter of 14 days-the employer(nationwide)did not have record of her injury on the date she claimed she told her supervisor-yet they referred her to company doctors. this has been a legal nightmare-she is permanently disabled.Her attorney for this case told her to sue him--so within the last 6 months she began talking to another atty whom has changed his story several times. 1st-he would love to sue this guy and would have no problem proving anything.My mother has supplied this guy with all of the paperwork!!
2nd-His fees would be 1/3 of the settlement from the atty's malpractice ins.NOW-the first atty supposedly has no malp ins??
Where can i find if this is required by my state bar??Iowa? i have been trying to access this info and can't find it!3rd-The latest atty told her that she should be entitled to the amount that he lost for her.Now-he is saying that she is only eligible for the work comp amt.? why is this?He is also telling her that she would have to pay back a portion to work comp since she is now disabled? basically leaving 6,000 clear that he says he gets 1/3 and any other fees? i have suggested to her she see someone else-the case is set for trial in december of this year? i don't know what to do to help her-mentally i don't think she can be taken by another attorney-since she already has been by her employer that she gave twentysomething years!we have a mtg thursday with this guy-please help! i would like to have some info that would make him pay attention!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">