• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help with Auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jonnystyle

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

I was in an accident that involved a guy hitting my car at an intersection.

Scenario: I was stop at a red light waiting for the green light. After the light turn green, I drove my car across the intersection when I was hit by another driver that was going pretty fast as he did not have time to even hit his breaks. Felt like that impact that he had to be going faster 60mph on the feeder road. Speed limit on the feeder roads are, I believe, 45mph. I was going East and the other Driver was going North.

I had one witness come to me saying that she saw the accident and saw him run a red light in case I needed a witness.

So, I file my claims to the insurance companies and I find out that the other driver have witness saying that I drove pass a red light. His witness happens to be the car next to me when we(witness' car and my car) were stop at the red light. Witness was on the right lane and I was at the left lane.

Personally, I am not dumb enough to run a red light that I was already stop at. His witness probalby wasn't looking at the light till after the accident occur and made the conclusion that the light was red. I personally saw another car stop on the other driver road before I drove across my green light.

I am concern on how this would turn out. What I should do? and if it is possible that I will lose what I can claim? Just need some advice. This event has cause a lot of stress for me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">