• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help dont know where to start.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harusame1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hawaii.
ok so here is my problem. i had a car about 2 years back. i have gotten some parking tickets on this car. ok the thing is i sole the car already about 2 years and when i went to settle all my tickets (they are just parkin tickets by the way.) they searched for my car and it came up clean and said that i never had any tickets on the car. so i was able to sell my car or i just really gave my friend my car no money was exchanut ged. with in the past year he had donated the car to a charity. now 2 years later after partin with the car i start getting all this mail from the courts sayin i own them money and that i never showed up for court on all those tickets. my question is that do i still have to pay for all these tickets, or is there something i can do to clear my name. i feel that i shouldnt need to pay for these tickets anymore am i wrong. but if im wrong i will surley pay off what i owe. thanks for the help and to all that read this.

mike_lee

Yes you will still have to pay them. with interest and penalties (高すげると思いま) However perhaps it will be possible to get the amount reduced by explaining as best you can what happened. The best way to do this is to contact the judge directly (you actual talk to his secretary) who may or may not have the ability to act as his proxy (代理人) he has the power to reduce or forgive any amount.

look at each ticket carefully. If there are any mistakes about the color of the car, the brand of car, the plate number etcetera those tickets are normally dismissed.

It is too bad for you I was the one who answered LoL hopefully someone smarter will also post

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">