• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help fast

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Injured in MA

I got hurt at a prior job, and had surgery because of it awhile ago. I had fought the employer for worker's comp and finally won, but am having serious trouble collecting anything from them because I have moved out of that state since then (to MA). Since my surgery, I have held two jobs for two different employers, with no problems with the duties at all.

BUT. (isn't there always one of those?) I was working at my present job and was injured AGAIN---probably an exacerbation or acceleration of the prior injury. My problem is this---I have been receiving worker's comp from my present employer, plus have been going to the doctors trying to figure out what is best to do for my radiculopathy. Who is responsible for my present medical bills? Since I have an attorney in the other state and I don't have one here, what do I do? The insurance company has scheduled an IME for me here---should I go? Or should I be honest with the adjustor about my prior injury and still ongoing struggle with my prior employer and their insurer? I still need serious medical treatment, and have been convinced from multiple doctors telling me so, that I cannot perform the duties of my former profession.

C

cdcard

Dear Injured in MA:
The attorney representing you for your first injury should be able to answer these questions for you. And you probably want to talk to that attorney BEFORE going to the IME. Workman's Comp laws differ from state to state and those of us who don't specialize in that area don't know all the intricacies. I recommend talking to the attorney currently representing you. Best of luck to you.
cdcard

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">