• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help settling with adjuster

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

munoxide

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
California

i was recently in an accident where i got rear ended really hard and my neck and shoulders got hurt (strained) but i did not go to the doctor because i didnt break any bones or anything but now im trying to settle with the adjuster and i had to take off work and hes saying that i cant be compensated for my lost wages because i dont have a doctors note but i did have my boss send them a company letter stating my lost wages,and he is also saying that he can only go somewhere around $200-300 for pain and suffering (which i had to work after i took off and was still hurt) and i work construction.he is offering $1000 for lost wages AND P&S when i lost $1200 in wages alone. Is what hes saying about not going to the doctor true? thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

munoxide said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
California

i was recently in an accident where i got rear ended really hard and my neck and shoulders got hurt (strained) but i did not go to the doctor because i didnt break any bones or anything but now im trying to settle with the adjuster and i had to take off work and hes saying that i cant be compensated for my lost wages because i dont have a doctors note but i did have my boss send them a company letter stating my lost wages,and he is also saying that he can only go somewhere around $200-300 for pain and suffering (which i had to work after i took off and was still hurt) and i work construction.he is offering $1000 for lost wages AND P&S when i lost $1200 in wages alone. Is what hes saying about not going to the doctor true? thanks

My response:

And now you have your answer as to why your decision to do this on your own, rather than hire an attorney, was a huge mistake. You thought you could do this on your own, and not have to pay 33 1/3% to an attorney. Well, now you know why were in business, and why it would have been worth paying a Contingency Fee.

You screwed yourself right out of a terrific claim.

IAAL

LK.

It could be true. It does not seem very consistent for a person to say that they were badly hurt in an accident...bad enough to not be able to work for a few days...but, somehow, not be hurt badly enough to want to be checked out by a doctor.

R

Raisinette

LK. said:
It could be true. It does not seem very consistent for a person to say that they were badly hurt in an accident...bad enough to not be able to work for a few days...but, somehow, not be hurt badly enough to want to be checked out by a doctor.
Depends on the person. I am like this guy. Unfortunately, the insurance liability racket "works" better for those who demand an ambulance and/or immediately start those chiropractic visits.

Munoxide, have you made a specific dollar demand of the insurance company? Failing their meeting it, do you think you could & would take your case to small claims court & convince a judge of its merits? That gamble is available.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">