• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help very urgently - I rearended some, no damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

palvinder

I rear-ended someone few days back. It happened at the speed of 0 to 0.5 MPH. I called cop for witness, he found very very minor scrachtes (almost good as nothing). I have 99 acura TL and she (other party) had accord, around 10/12 years old, a very shabby and bad car. I feel that the accident was caused by her intentionally.

She reported a claim with my insurance company stating that there is damage to her car as well as my car. And she has also reported neck injury. I'm suspecious about her intentions. I called her two times and she never replied back.

What should I do. Should I hire a lawyer... etc.

Please advise.

Palvinder

ALawyer

If you have auto liability insurance, your carrier will handle everything. You should make sure you reported it to your company and get the names down. Go to the auto acident questions on FreeAdvice.com and see exactly what to do. If you are right and she is committing fraud, and making up injuries, report why you think so to YOUR insurance company. You do not need to hire a lawyer to defend you at this time - that's why you have insurance. If she sues for $100 million, and you have a $50,000 liability limit, then you might. But she won't.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">