• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need To Know

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

innocentvictime

What is the name of your state? Florida
I was in auto accident in 04. I was at a stop behind 3 other cars. I was rear-ended by a pickup truck going 45mph. The driver of the truck had a $10,000 minimum per accident. 5 people were injured so that is $2,000 per victim. Cannot sue driver because he absolutely has nothing. I used up my PIP, I have about $9,000 outstanding medical bills and now I am getting ready to have surgery on my back after investigating doctors and procedures (plus I am nervous). Procedure will cost around $24,000. I now have to sue my insurance company. I have on my insurance policy under-insured auto coverage of $200,000. My question is, being that I pay my car insurance every month with this coverage, isn't it mandatory that they pay my medical bills. I have had the same company since 1979. I don't have any tickets or accidents (just this one). I have a safety drivers discount. I also have the insurance company following me around. What a pain in the neck that is. I feel like my rights are being violated. Afraid to even open my blinds on my windows.What is the name of your state?

innocentvictime

What is the name of your state? Florida
I was in auto accident in 04. I was at a stop behind 3 other cars. I was rear-ended by a pickup truck going 45mph. The driver of the truck had a $10,000 minimum per accident. 5 people were injured so that is $2,000 per victim. Cannot sue driver because he absolutely has nothing. I used up my PIP, I have about $9,000 outstanding medical bills and now I am getting ready to have surgery on my back after investigating doctors and procedures (plus I am nervous). Procedure will cost around $24,000. I now have to sue my insurance company. I have on my insurance policy under-insured auto coverage of $200,000. My question is, being that I pay my car insurance every month with this coverage, isn't it mandatory that they pay my medical bills. I have had the same company since 1979. I don't have any tickets or accidents (just this one). I have a safety drivers discount. I also have the insurance company following me around. What a pain in the neck that is. I feel like my rights are being violated. Afraid to even open my blinds on my windows.

innocentvictime

Believe it or not I have an attorney which I am having second thoughts of. He has all of my bills and has placed a law suit on my insurance company for the whole $200,000. Guess he's going for the gusto. I just want my bills paid and maybe a little money for my pain and time. I am not the type of person to sue anyone. Never have. Never hope to again. Just want to know if I do have this coverage aren't they obligated to. The response I get from my attorney is "Nothing is ever guaranteed"!. Please, I hope someone has some good news for me.

ecmst12

I don't know why you're paying an attorney, you certainly should not need to sue your insurance company to get them to pay your medical bills. Have you talked to your adjuster? They might not want to pay for something that hasn't happened yet but they will probably agree to pay the bills when they come in.

innocentvictime

Well, being that I have never been in an accident before and I had around $9,000 repairs on my car alone, my new van was an acordian, I was in severe pain after getting out of the hospital and I didn't know what to do, someone told me to get an attorney. I guess that was stupid of me but I just want to know, are they suppose to pay my bills even if I don't want pain and suffering?

ecmst12

Yes, your insurance should just pay your bills, according to the terms of your policy. You can't, from what I understand, get pain and suffering compensation from your OWN insurance company, but that will depend on your policy and state laws.

innocentvictime

Thank you for your reply, but what is under-insured motorists for besides bills, I thought it was also for pain & suffering. It has been almost 3 years and I'm still suffering, hopefully the surgery will help me. I'm doing positive THINKING!

innocentvictime

So why does my attorney tell me otherwise. Do I need to let my attorney go and submit the bills myself so he does not get my medical bill money? Now I feel like I'm being frauded by an attorney!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">