• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need to know consequences.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oopsihadawreck

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Okay, I got my license in June, and have been waiting to get a car. When my brother went off to college, I got his car because I was automatically covered by his insurance policy since it was in my mother's name. I was in a wreck that totaled the car. I was going down a long, curved road, when I went off of it onto some gravel, hit a rock, overcorrected, and in a split second, flipped and nose dived into a hill. Luckily, both my passenger and I were wearing our seatbealts, and neither of us were seriously injured, though we were taken to the hospital in an ambulance. In all honesty, when I say "totaled", I mean it very seriously. No place on that hunk of junk was left untouched. I recieved a ticket for reckless driving and failure to maintain control of the vehicle. I would just really like to know some basics about what can happen when I go to court. I have never been in an accident because I haven't had a car long enough. I just want someone in the state of Virginia, to go over what could happen when I go to court. I would really appreciate ANYTHING you can tell me. Yes, I know the charges are serious. Yes, I realize my insurance may increase. I am just saying I need... to know more about the laws. I have been on the internet since the actual wreck happened looking up laws. If anyone can tell me anything, more serious... The more serious consequences of being in court and all of that, it would be very helpful. I would like to know what to expect. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">