• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need to know the process of filing a claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?tx
I was hit by a vehicle from behind and my rear bumper needs to be replaced. The person has given me his insurance and now I need to know how to start the filing process and where to get the correct estimate on cost of replacement. I called my insurance company and they gave me 1-800 number to call and file the claim. Before I call that number I wanted to get advise from this forum as to what things can I claim. I know that my bumper needs replacement, but I was travelling with my wife and kids and their life was also endangered by that person. Can I also calim something like that?

Lynx 36

I know that my bumper needs replacement, but I was travelling with my wife and kids and their life was also endangered by that person. Can I also calim something like that?
You can claim property damage and have your bumper repaired. As far as your lives being endangered, don't be rediculous, your life is endangered when you walk out the front door everyday. Sorry, you won't hit the insurance lottery on this one.

Really appreciate your response. Since this is the first time I will be filing the claim that's why I am trying to get more information to maximize my benefits that law allows me.

teflon_jones

:rolleyes: "maximize my benefits"

You mean milk the system for money you don't deserve. Take the money to get your bumper fixed and move on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">