• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Legal Information about car accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

numonik

I live in the state of Ga, i work delivery and use my own vehicle, well last night i was in an accident caused by another companies car, the event goes like this:

I was going down a one way road that has 5 lanes, i was in the far left lane with a vehicle running right beside me (the front of my car was in the middle of his van). With out warning he makes a left hand turn forcing me to either A have a collision with him or B make the same turn onto the opposite side of traffic, due to the speeds that were involved and the fact that there was no opposing traffic i desided to make the left and avoid a head on collision with the side of his van. When i made the left i ended up hitting curb which in turn made me somewhat loose control of the vehicle. I got control of the vehicle and pulled infront of the driver to signal him to stop and he proceeded to drive away. Understanding that my car was still running and there was no noticeable damage to the car i decided not to call the police but rather to contact the company to whom the vehicle belong to. I was unable to get the tag number but was informed by the company that since there was only of there vehicles in that area, that they knew who it was and would take care of it. I then proceeded to head back to my place of buisness, and went inside thinking nothing of it, when i returned back to my vehicle i notice the car would not start, i then popped open the hood and noticed that i had belts and car parts Hanging (alternator and other belts) and that there was a burning smell. Knowing a little about vehicles i know that if a car is running and you loose your altenator or a belt it will continue to run with out it. I then attempted to call the local Police department but was told that since we both left the scene of the crime there was nothing i could do (note: if i wouldnt of followed him i wouldnt of had any of the information about the company or the driver). But i was told i could feel out a personal accident form.

I then called the company back but it was after hours and no one was here but i informed them that there had been damage to my car and that i needed to speak to somone about fixing this problem, as my car is what brings in my paychecks everyweek. This morning when i called the company said they would have to do an investigation of the matter 1st and that they wouldnt provide a rental car or anything until after there investigation was complete which would take 30-120 days. Knowing i cant be out of work that long i then contacted my insurance company, to see about fileing it under unisured motorist, unfortunetly due to the fact that there were no witnesses i couldnt due so. But my insurance company was nice enough to call teh company that driver caused the accident, and try to negotiate with them.

My question is this, knowing that the only other witness is the driver of the other vehicle and understanding that 1 he drove off so by GA law its a hit and run and 2 that the fact if confesses he will more than likely be fired, what are my options? Im a college student and i make enough money to cover my bills and the rest of the money goes to school for projects and classes and what not, im not looking to get a new car or any extra money besides loss of wages, im only looking into getting my car fixed. If anyone has any advice on what i should do i would Greatly appreciate it and you would forever be deemed as one of my heros.

Thanks in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">