• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need New Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Debbie Breeding

Writing from Texas. I was in a car accident in which I was at a complete stop when a lady hit me from behind going in excess of 35 mph, without applying her brakes. I originally was not planning on obtaining an attorney, but her insurance adjuster had an attitude I felt I did not have to deal with. So I hired an attorney. I had extensive damages to my neck and back. When I met with the attorney for the first time in his office, he had assured me that there would be absolutely no problem in getting her insurance company to pay medical expenses. This attorney also referred me to a physical therapist (I was seeing my own doctor), and stated that it was very important that I see her. I later discovered that the therapist (who turned out to be a chiropractor) had charged for services that were never preformed. When I questioned my attorney about this, he stated that she had to say she did those things so the insurance would think you were really hurt. It was at this time I knew I had hired the wrong attorney. The attorney is now saying that the insurance company wants to settle for $3,000, but this won't even make a dent in my medical bills. The attorney said that we can sue in court, but I would have to pay his fees up front before he would even file a claim. Can I fire this attorney and obtain a more competent one? If so, this attorney has already shown that he's crooked. How do I know he's not going to charge me for services he did not preform. What advise and help can you give?

D

Debbie Breeding

When I mentioned to my present attorney that I was going to obtain a new attorney, he told me that I was going to have to pay him for his services. I just feel that he's going to charge me for services he did not perform. How can I get around this. Will the new attorney be able to tell whether the charges as legitimate?

D

Debbie Breeding

Do I have to hire another attorney? Can I just start dealing with the insurance company myself?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">