• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need To Obtain 911 phone records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? New York

The other insurance company says they have a witness that claims I was on my cell phone at the time of the accident;obviously false,since it was at my home.

How can I obtain a copy of the 911 calls pertaining to this specific accident,which will show the time of said calls?

You Are Guilty

discogram723 said:
What is the name of your state? New York

The other insurance company says they have a witness that claims I was on my cell phone at the time of the accident;obviously false,since it was at my home.

How can I obtain a copy of the 911 calls pertaining to this specific accident,which will show the time of said calls?
You can't prove a negative. Moreover, even if the 911 logs do not show a call from "your" cell phone, how does that disprove the fact that the other side is claiming you were on a cell phone in the first place? For example, maybe you were ordering a pizza and daydreaming about the pepperoni. What you need is a certified copy of your cell phone records showing what calls were made (and when) for the day of the accident. You can get it by contacting your cell provider's customer service number.

But to answer your question: This is how you ge them. (repeat for both state and city)

I instructed my attorneys to do just that a while back and they have. What I was attempting from obtaining a copy of the 911 dispatch calls was to get an approximate time of the accident, since I had left my cell phone at home and asked to use someone elses to report the accident. Since I was the first person to make a call (albeit on someone elses phone) my voice will be on the audio file(time,date and number).

You Are Guilty

discogram723 said:
I instructed my attorneys to do just that a while back and they have. What I was attempting from obtaining a copy of the 911 dispatch calls was to get an approximate time of the accident, since I had left my cell phone at home and asked to use someone elses to report the accident. Since I was the first person to make a call (albeit on someone elses phone) my voice will be on the audio file(time,date and number).
OK, but why do you feel a need to obtain written "evidence" of the approximate time of the accident? What bearing does the time have on your defense? (It's like "proving" you were wearing blue jeans at the time of the crash - what difference does it make?)

The audio file will have my voice on it. It will prove that I made the first 911 call on a phone other than mines. If I had my cell phone, why would I use someone else's to call the accident in?

You Are Guilty

discogram723 said:
The audio file will have my voice on it. It will prove that I made the first 911 call on a phone other than mines. If I had my cell phone, why would I use someone else's to call the accident in?
Yikes. Circumstantial at best. And redundant, especially if your own cell phone records don't show a call being made on your phone at the time of the accident.

More imporantly, why are you paying fora lawyer and doing their work for them?

CdwJava

Maybe because you lost yours after the crash. Who knows?

The point is that while you can use these records and this information to possibly cast reasonable doubt on the claim that you were on your cell phone, it does not prove that you were NOT on a a cell phone at the time of the crash.

Plus, many cell phones do not have registered users (pre-paid plans don't often require service contracts) and thus there might be no one to subpoena to court confirm that the phone was theirs and not yours. And, again, it only proves you used a phone other than one registered to you to call 9-1-1 - it will NOT prove you were not on a phone.

- Carl

I only have one cell phone. I have contacted the NYC Police Department Commissioners office, Senator Clinton and Schumer's Offices, the Queens District Attorney's Office and Governor Pataki's office. I swore under oath, as did this "witness" of the other company.

I have no reason to lie. Whatever the other company's motives are, remain to be seen.

averad

discogram723 said:
I have contacted the NYC Police Department Commissioners office, Senator Clinton and Schumer's Offices, the Queens District Attorney's Office and Governor Pataki's office.
Honestly what outcome did you get from calling all those places?

discogram723 said:
I swore under oath, as did this "witness" of the other company.
So do killers, child molesters, jaywalkers etc. I bet not everyone tells the truth just because a book is placed infrount of them.

Last edited:
Last but not least, I contacted every news station in the metropolitan area. The other side is obviously lying and I am willing to put myself out there to get to the truth. I am prepared to exhaust ALL options that I have available.

CdwJava

discogram723 said:
I only have one cell phone. I have contacted the NYC Police Department Commissioners office, Senator Clinton and Schumer's Offices, the Queens District Attorney's Office and Governor Pataki's office.
Why? Do these offices hold cell phone records?

I swore under oath, as did this "witness" of the other company.
Okay ... then someone is mistaken or lying. A person can be mistaken and still be telling the truth to the best of their knowledge.

The best you can hope for is reasonable doubt IF the cell phone distraction is the only issue for fault in the crash.

- Carl

CdwJava

discogram723 said:
Last but not least, I contacted every news station in the metropolitan area. The other side is obviously lying and I am willing to put myself out there to get to the truth. I am prepared to exhaust ALL options that I have available.
I cannot imagine the news media would CARE what the parties in a traffic accident have to say ... that is not news.

- Carl

The police report and the pictures of the car taken by myself and my insurance company are additional proofs of evidence. The impact points speak for themselves. My insurance company says 0% liability for me. The other side denies any liability (or maybe the word should be LIE-ability, if you get my drift).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">