• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neice's car hit in my driveway by my Father Inlaw

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jilly34

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? PA
My Niece came over my house the other night, while my Father Inlaw was here. He left and hit her car(he said he didnt know), She didnt notice it until she got half way home at a gas station, She called me to tell me and I called him, He said if he hit it turn it in now he denies hitting it and wont give her his insurance info. this puts me in the middle what should we do. (Her paint is on his car) unless he got it off by now.. p.s. She dont want to turn it into her insurance because it so high now!! He said he would call his insurance company and tell them he dont remember hitting it.

stephenk

fun family.

ask your husband to get the insurance information from his parents.

if he still wont comply, have your niece report the accident to her own carrier and give them all the information on dad-in-law's car, his name, address and phone number. Her rates will not go up if she is not at fault for the accident.

Father-in-law claiming he does not remember hitting her car is a very weak defense. Dont tell him to change his story.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">