• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor's trees causing damage to my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

r rogers

Louisiana

My neighbor's trees are causing damage to my property, such as: limb fell on my car, on my house, on my fence and now so much pine straw is clogging my drainage that if I don't continuously clean it my house will flood, the pine straw also collects around my chimney with the possibility of a fire and her trees are killing my fruit trees. I contacted her insurance co. and they told me they were not responsible for taking prevenitive measures. I want to put a stop to this, I am tired of fighting. I just want to protect my property. Help!!!!!

JETX

Juan Rodriguez said:
This is not an insurance or accident issue. You can cut any portion of the trees that over hang your property up to the property line.
One correction.... you can trim or cut branches that overhang your property, but only to the extent that they do not damage or cause harm to the tree itself.

Halket: you are quite right.

IAAL: Thanks. As you may know, besides my interest in insurance (purely financial of course) I am a part time soldier and since 9-11-01 I've been a little distracted with other duties (we'll leave it at that). So, my appearances have been very sporadic.

Unless things heat up again I'll be popping in more often.

I missed your wit and your occasional banter with the other attys.

JR

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">