• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never Been Hit (before)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SADIEREY

What is the name of your state?CALIFORNIA
I was rear-ended. The other driver was found at fault. They already paid for the damage to my car.
Med bills are only about 6500.00 and time lost at work 5 days, with PT and Doctors appnts.
I guess the rule of thumb is to get 3x the amount of your med bills for pain and suffering... and I did suffer... not only physically and mentally, but it threw me into a financially unstable tailspin for almost a year now..
The thing is I do have a lawyer on contingency, however he is not answering my calls ( he works with my doctors practice and is giving me a "discount" so I haven't been too much of a squeaky wheel due to this, besides I am sort of a wimp) He sent the bills and a letter to the insurance company on the 22nd of Sept asking for a bid I guess at a settlement (without my $2300 dollar MRI bill that I actually asked for and faxed to my attorney...)he gave them 10 days. Its been over a month. If I was the Insurance company I wouldn't give this lawyer much credence, If he did get a bid... He should darn well call me and answer some questions.. like what I am posting here.
SOOOO. I am asking if I do get 3x the amount of bills,do I have to pay my med bills out of that settlement... or do they pay the medical bills AND I get the 3x for pain and suffering. can anyone give me some answers even to some questions I havent asked. HELP! :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">