• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Jersey Auto Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Frank Ney

Car #1 "rear-ended" me ,Car #2, while I was stopped at a red light. The driver of Car #1 admitted he was distracted when he leaned over to get his water bottle and he did not see the traffic stopped at the red light. This is clearly documented in the police report, and there is no question of his liability. The impact of the hit pushed me ,Car #2, into Car #3 who was in front of me, also stopped at the red light. I have retained an attorney to help me settle with the auto insuror of Car #1 for all the many medical bills and other related expenses caused by the accident. My attorney has advised that we must ascertain if driver of Car #3 will bring a lawsuit or other action against me because of the accident before I settle with insuror of Car #1. The driver of Car #3 refuses so far to return my attorney's call. What are the implications of us moving ahead quickly to settle my demand, without knowing what Car #3 will decide? If he decides to sue AFTER my settlement, what liability does that create for me? What is the correct way that my attorney should handle this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">