• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Auto Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jr92126

San Diego, CA

I own a car which has expired auto insurance. My mom took the car out not knowing this and subsequently was hit turning in an intersection. The light turned red as she was about to exit the intersection. The car that hit her was already in motion and did not slow down. There is substantial damage to my car but almost no damage to the other car. A police officer came to inspect he scene but because no one claimed injuries, no report was filed. There were no other witnesses to the accident so there is no proof of who was at fault. If this is the case, i have the following questions:

1. Who is liable for the damages?
2. If the other driver was found at fault, would she be liable for my damages even though i have no insurance?
3. If the my mom was at fault, would i be have to pay for damages on the other car?

stephenk

1. Who can tell? it will now be a swearing contest between the drivers;
2. yes, for the repairs to your car;
3. yes. your mom would also be liable for the repairs.

J

jr92126

Accident

Well, then if we cant proove who is at fault, then would we just each be responsible for repairs for our own cars?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">