• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no car for 1 month please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DueCat

i live in arizona and my car was stolen on dec. 15 2000. before i was able to settle it was found {on jan. 25 01} my rental ran out in the first month, so i have been without a car since jan 17 01. the insurance company is takeing forever to return my car. it sat in their salvage yard for two weeks, now it is sitting at a body shop. there is hardly any damage to it. is their a time frame that the insurance company has to complete all this? i am missing time from work because i am sharing my moms car.
please help.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

DueCat said:
i live in arizona and my car was stolen on dec. 15 2000. before i was able to settle it was found {on jan. 25 01} my rental ran out in the first month, so i have been without a car since jan 17 01. the insurance company is takeing forever to return my car. it sat in their salvage yard for two weeks, now it is sitting at a body shop. there is hardly any damage to it. is their a time frame that the insurance company has to complete all this? i am missing time from work because i am sharing my moms car.
please help.

My response:

This is outrageous. And, when you scream at the adjuster, what does he / she say to you ?

I presume, you have the money for your deductible, and that is not the reason for the "hold-up". And, I also presume that there was no Police inspection of your vehicle which may have been a "hold-up" on the completion of repairs. Correct ?

IAAL

D

DueCat

My ajuster just blows me off and no there was no police inspection of my vehicle. What can I do? Should I retain a Lawyer? I've had it with these people.

Cathy

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Perhaps, your "last resort" should be to hire an attorney, because that could be an expensive proposition considering the actual amount involved.

I would suggest that you first call your States' "Insurance Commission" (Call your Secretary of State office in your State Capitol for that telephone number) and lodge your complaint. Most Insurance Commissions are very fast in contacting the insurance companys and finding out what the problem is, and making corrections. This is a much faster method.

But, like I said, as a last resort, you may have to hire an attorney to handle this matter.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">