• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no coverage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zous

i live in washington state and was involved in an auto accident. the person who rear-ended me was not insured and my insurance stated that they had forgotten to take the automatic withdrawl from my bank account so my insurance had lapsed. my car was totalled and i suffered major spinal damage, wrist, ankle, and knee sprain. major bruising and left with an unpaid destroyed car. The women who hit me keeps giving different answers and won't cooperate with getting this taken care of.
the insurence adjuster and the police stated that the women was 100% at fault.

what can i do?

Last edited:

Alex02

Contact the guy that rear ended you and explain to him that he is liable for the damage and if he denies tell em you will go to a lawyer to protect your rights. The situation works out best if you get an estimate for your damages and then talk to the person calmly tp discuss some sort of pay-back arrangements.

Next question would be do you think he has the money to pay you, since he didnt have insurance..? That brings you up to the next question, were you hurt and what did you lose as a result of this accident? Are you looking to get payed back for whatever the losses were plus vehicle damage?

Z

zous

The women who hit me is the wife of a man who owns a very large buisiness in Everett. I don't know for fact but I would think she has plent of money. She was driving one of his buisines cars and that is why she was not coverd. She is not an employee. My car was destroyed and I suffered major spinal damage, wrist knee, and ankle sprain extreme bruising and a ton of medical bills.
I would like for her to pay back for her negligence. All she has said is that she wasn't paying attention and will the next time she runs a red light at 65 mph.

A

aahlee

and my insurance stated that they had forgotten to take the automatic withdrawl from my bank account so my insurance had lapsed
-----------

So YOU had NO INSURANCE TOO!

OK so you are not the sharpest tool in the shed, but come on man you should know to check your checking account every 2 or 3 days on line just to make sure it was deducted, can you say LAZY!

stephenk

consult with a personal injury attorney regarding your injuries and also about your insurance coverage.

the fact your own insurance carrier forgot to deduct from your account is their problem not yours. your insurance should not be cancelled. you should report your carrier to your state department of insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">