• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no damage and no police report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

itzshowtiyme

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

A friend of mine bumped the back of a vehicle at a stop sign going 2 MPH. The police were not called and there was no bodily damage. The lady claimed her bumper was damaged but my friend owned a body shop and said that damage was from a bad paint job on a previous accident. The lady confirmed she was right.

Two months later she got a claim from the lady's insurance form asking for details of the accident. Is my friend obligated to return this form since they agreed the damage was from a previous car accident and no police were called or report filed?

ecmst12

Your friend's insurance company cannot defend him and deny the lady's claim without a statement from him. And he also has a duty, per his policy, to cooperate with any investigation his insurance company needs to do as a result of claims filed against him. Of course, he also had a duty to report the accident when it happened, but seeing as it's too late for that now, he should cooperate fully.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">