+ Reply to Thread

no fault accident and lost wages

What is the name of your state? GA

I was recently in an auto accident where somone hit me. It was totally the other guys fault. I was not hurt or anything but my van was pretty smashed up. My van is a utility van which I work out of. Without my van I do not work. I missed several days of work because I did not have a van. I finally found a place that I could rent one from. State Farm says they do not have to pay lost wages since I was not hurt. It wasn't like this was my regular car, when this guy hit me it put me out of commission. My employer faxed over exactly what I had lost to them. So am I just out my lost wages or are they trying to screw me?

Why did it take you several days to locate a replacement vehicle? The insurance company is not responsible for a delay on your part in obtaining one.

Well, It took me a little while to even find a utility van to rent. I wasn't even going to bother renting one because of safety issues but I got to make a check. My van has bins and a divider for protection. The rental vans do not. I have alot of equipment that can go flying forward if I get into an accident.

As I previously posted, the insurance company is not responsible for the delay in obtaining a replacement vehicle. The replacement vehicle also does not need to be an exact copy of the vehicle being replaced, just serve the same function.

Personally, I do think you have a reasonable argument. However, I don't think it's an argument you're going to win with the insurance company, especially since you did end up renting a van that wasn't up to your safety standards. You'd have a stronger argument if you hadn't rented a replacement at all that wasn't up to your standards.

i agree

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones
    As I previously posted, the insurance company is not responsible for the delay in obtaining a replacement vehicle. The replacement vehicle also does not need to be an exact copy of the vehicle being replaced, just serve the same function.

Personally, I do think you have a reasonable argument. However, I don't think it's an argument you're going to win with the insurance company, especially since you did end up renting a van that wasn't up to your safety standards. You'd have a stronger argument if you hadn't rented a replacement at all that wasn't up to your standards.

Precisely, thatís the point there. The insurance is not at any rate responsible for any delay in having a replacement for the destroyed van. Good luck then.

Well I talked with them today. They offered to pay $590 of the $750 that I lost. I accepted. Thanks for the help.

Sounds like you ended up doing ok!

second time

well, that's good

good luck to you

+ Reply to Thread