• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

racermike

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Texas
When it rains it pours!!!!
My wife was wrecked in the parking lot of a local mall. The driver of the other car was clearly at fault. The driver presented an insurance card to the police and my wife that was current but the insurance was not. Policy holder had been canceled in Sept. We have full coverage and un-insured motorist so we are covered.
What can we do about this?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

racermike said:
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Texas
When it rains it pours!!!!
My wife was wrecked in the parking lot of a local mall. The driver of the other car was clearly at fault. The driver presented an insurance card to the police and my wife that was current but the insurance was not. Policy holder had been canceled in Sept. We have full coverage and un-insured motorist so we are covered.
What can we do about this?

My response:

Well, let's see . . .

The other driver is uninsured.

Your vehicle sustained damage.

You have uninsured motorist coverage.

So, what do YOU think you should do?

IAAL

racermike

Poor wording on my part.......Sorry
I should have said, is it not a crime to present an insurance card that was not valid? Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

racermike said:
Poor wording on my part.......Sorry
I should have said, is it not a crime to present an insurance card that was not valid? Thanks

My response:

No. Your insurance company will report the uninsured party to your States' insurance commission for further action; e.g., fines, and/or suspension of license. It is a State matter, not a personal matter. Your interest is merely having your car repaired. Your insurance company will do the rest.

I hope your coverage also included Uninsured Motorist Deductible Waiver - - otherwise, if you paid a deductible, you'll have to sue the other party in Small Claims court to get your money back.

Good luck.

IAAL

racermike

Follow Up,

My wifes car is fixed and all the bills have been paid by our Un-Insured motorist coverage. We are still out our $250.00 deductible. They are wanting us to sign a "Full Release of All Claims with Indemnity.(medical bills incurred, open medical agreement). It reads in part " for and in consideration of the payment of $350.00 the receipt and sufficiency is hereby acknowledged" There are some medical limitations stated also. Are they offering me $350.00 to go away? Do this take away my ability to seek my deductible in Small Claims court? Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">