• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tbird4u

I live in Tennessee and my daughter was driving my car my Insurance had just collisped 7 days before. But my daughter was making a left turn onto a side road from a 4 lane main hwy the other driver was turning left onto hwy and hit her in the side the police rule it his fault with fall to yield the right away now his insurance company is saying the guy said he was stop and that she hit him but he was on her side of the road and she was almost in the ditch i know because i came upon the accident and saw with my own eyes. He took picture but he took the first picture after he move his truck to let my daughter out of the car. But she had to get right back in because she was hurt and then he move the car again to let the ambulance in the first move was before the police arrive and the second was after the police arrived. can they make me pay at this point no one knows what my insurance coverage is and my insurance is reinstated.

seniorjudge

tbird4u said:
I live in Tennessee and my daughter was driving my car my Insurance had just collisped 7 days before. But my daughter was making a left turn onto a side road from a 4 lane main hwy the other driver was turning left onto hwy and hit her in the side the police rule it his fault with fall to yield the right away now his insurance company is saying the guy said he was stop and that she hit him but he was on her side of the road and she was almost in the ditch i know because i came upon the accident and saw with my own eyes. He took picture but he took the first picture after he move his truck to let my daughter out of the car. But she had to get right back in because she was hurt and then he move the car again to let the ambulance in the first move was before the police arrive and the second was after the police arrived. can they make me pay at this point no one knows what my insurance coverage is and my insurance is reinstated.
What is your legal question for us?

HomeGuru

tbird4u said:
am i at fault just because my insurance was not in effect.

**A: yes you are since it collisped. Don't you know that having collisped insurance is against the law?

seniorjudge

Q: am i at fault just because my insurance was not in effect.

A: No. (The lack of insurance may cause you a ton of other problems though, the least of which may be a suspended driver's license.)

tbird4u

thanks

seniorjudge said:
Q: am i at fault just because my insurance was not in effect.

A: No. (The lack of insurance may cause you a ton of other problems though, the least of which may be a suspended driver's license.)

thank you I have insurance have had it for years 30 or more years I didnt know that i let it collaspe but its reinstated once again thanks for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">