• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sherro

What is the name of your state? Illinois I was driving home from work and traffic had stop...i am sitting in road waiting to go when i got hit in the rear end...i have no insurnace but the other driver did....is he still liable for for the damages to my car and any medical bills....

Zetetick

sherro said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois I was driving home from work and traffic had stop...i am sitting in road waiting to go when i got hit in the rear end...i have no insurnace but the other driver did....is he still liable for for the damages to my car and any medical bills....
:confused: You find yourself in a quandary..While the other party will be held responsible, if you report the claim to the ins. co. they could report you for not having Mandatory ins. coverage to which you could have your plate suspended and face fines for operating an motor vehicle w/o minimal ins...Obtain an PI attorney if you were hurt!...

Betty

sherro said:
Were the police not called at the time of the accident? Usually they ask to see lic. & proof of ins. of both parties no matter whose fault the accident is. It seems as if you would have received a "citation" & possible license suspension for not having ins. However, if the acc. was not your fault, the legal liability for the accident rests with the adverse party's ins. carrier & they would owe you for your damages and/or injuries. If you want to pursue this, as Zetetick indicated - get yourself a lawyer! If the police were not involved, when other party's ins. co. is "submitted" with your claim, they may pursue (report) you not having ins. even though it won't change their liability for acc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">