• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no insurance...does this mean I am at fault?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momwith3kids

TENNESSEE
??? I have no insurance. I was involved in a two car accident, where we smacked mirrors. We were on a little bridge on a back road. The officer and the other car both said it was no fault. Just an accident.
Recently, I have been receiving phone calls from his insurance. They said that since I had no insurance at the time and no drivers license ( have since got), it is my fault, no matter who hit who.

Help....is this true? Or are they just trying to get this poor little girl to pay?

Should I get a lawyer?

Happy Trails

momwith3kids said:
TENNESSEE
??? I have no insurance. I was involved in a two car accident, where we smacked mirrors. We were on a little bridge on a back road. The officer and the other car both said it was no fault. Just an accident.
Recently, I have been receiving phone calls from his insurance. They said that since I had no insurance at the time and no drivers license ( have since got), it is my fault, no matter who hit who.

Help....is this true? Or are they just trying to get this poor little girl to pay?

Should I get a lawyer?
While you should not have been driving without a license or insurance, this does not automatically make you at-fault.

How much was the damage to the other car?

Lynx 36

If the mirrors on the car were the only thing damaged it wouldn't be that much money anyway. W/O having insurance you have no one to argue liability on your behalf so you have to do it yourself.

Should I get a lawyer? Why would you hire a lawyer? You would pay more f/ the lawyer than you would f/ the damage. That's if you can find one who would even take it. Lawyers don't take cases unless thay make money.

momwith3kids

Lynx 36 said:
Should I get a lawyer? Why would you hire a lawyer? You would pay more f/ the lawyer than you would f/ the damage. That's if you can find one who would even take it. Lawyers don't take cases unless thay make money.
They would make my money. I would rather pay the lawyer more money than pay the guy who was truly at fault.
I replaced my mirror that night. The only thing messed up on his was his mirror. He wants a whole new door also. It wasn't even messed up.

SsanB2

Insurance smurance

Lawyers probably wont want the case because without insurance there's no way of getting money. tell him you want to see an estimate and lawyers are to costly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">