• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Insurance no fault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bbarbour

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I was recently involved in a motor vehicle accident. There were four cars involved with the accident. Their was a head on collision in front of me and a vehicle was driving on the wrong side of the road, and ran one car off the road prior to hitting the truck in front of me. The impact of the collision pushed the truck back into me as I swerved to avoid the collision knocking my car into a ditch. I was not sited for not having insurance. My question is I know I was wrong for allowing my insurance to laps. The accident happened more than a week ago and I still have'nt got a police report to file a claim on the at fault party. I was told that because the at fault party was possibly dead, it could take 2-3 weeks before I recieve a report. Mean while I have no transportation to and from work. Is there any thing I can do other than wait for the report to find the parties insurance company.

racer72

That one of the reasons to have insurance, your insurer would have gladly rented you a vehicle. You can rent a vehicle yourself and try to include it in the claim against the at fault party. You made a poor decision, now you have to live with it.

R

Raisinette

Bbarbour, have you tried going to the Police Department and asking them for this information? They may be able to give this to you even if their full report is not ready or available. I would certainly try that, looking as respectable and acting as pleasant as possible. If they decline to help you, ask what other options you have or ideas they have.

(You know you should have had insurance, but even if you had, most collision coverage policies do not provide rental vehicles when & while your car is wrecked. This is additional coverage that most people do not bother to get -- though it is relatively inexpensive.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">