• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Insurance - Not My Fault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ai-chan

What is the name of your state? Indiana
My husband was parallel parking our car. A car thought they could make it and drove around. He ran his car into the front driver's side of our car. Do we have to pay to get his car fixed? :confused:

S

seniorjudge

ai-chan said:
My husband was parallel parking our car. A car thought they could make it and drove around. He ran his car into the front driver's side of our car. Do we have to pay to get his car fixed? :confused:
Whose fault was this accident?

S

seniorjudge

ai-chan said:
If you are saying you are at fault, then yes, you must pay to get the other person's car fixed.

ai-chan

But how is it my fault? My husband was backing into a parking space. His rear end was in the parking spot. The guy decided to drive his vehicle around the front of our car (the part of our car still sticking out in the road). He hit us. We have a witness that will state this.

S

seniorjudge

ai-chan said:
But how is it my fault? My husband was backing into a parking space. His rear end was in the parking spot. The guy decided to drive his vehicle around the front of our car (the part of our car still sticking out in the road). He hit us. We have a witness that will state this.
You will have to be more clear.

I was not there.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Start all over and explain it as if you were telling a blind man.

ai-chan

V1 heading east on a residential street. Signals intention to parallel park in front of home. V2 heading east on same road behind V1. V1 already had rear of car into parking space when V2 tries to come around front of V1. Passenger side front corner bumper of V1 scrapes along bottom of driver's side door and and back door of V2. Who is at fault?

S

seniorjudge

ai-chan said:
V1 heading east on a residential street. Signals intention to parallel park in front of home. V2 heading east on same road behind V1. V1 already had rear of car into parking space when V2 tries to come around front of V1. Passenger side front corner bumper of V1 scrapes along bottom of driver's side door and and back door of V2. Who is at fault?
Sounds like a 50-50 deal to me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">