• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no insurance and on probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

badmatrix

What is the name of your state? kentucky

i am currently on probation for 5 years, and the other day i was pulled over for speeding. i got a ticket for speeding, no current address on drivers license, and no proof of insurance. i got the first two charges dropped by paying my fine, and fixing my d.l. however i washed my wallet with my insurance card, and i could make out that my insurance has expired. so i didnt have insurance at the time of the citation, i go to court the 24th and go see my probation officer the 16th. will i get my probation revoked for this? this would be my first violation of my probation.

stephenk

typically, a traffic violation is not enough to violate your probation. Now that you are right with the world regarding your current address and insurance, your PO may overlook this issue.

Make sure you are clean and current in all other aspects of your life for at least the next 5 years.

B

badmatrix

so, even thou i didnt have insurance at the time, but i will have it tomorrow, i will be okay with my po?

B

badmatrix

no, it was a felony not relating to any thing traffic wise.

spawn_x

Ah ok, then I don't see why it would be a violation at all unless it is specifically stated..

I'm on driving probation right now and the first ticket (traffic related) I get - my license is gone.

You shouldn't be worried either way, however please take care of the insurance issue ASAP so you wouldn't come back here posting that you got into an accident without insurance.

B

badmatrix

for the most part my stipulations state that if i get arrested or cited that i must notify my po within 72 hrs and that i must obey the laws. doesnt say anything about a traffic misdemeanor.

spawn_x

You might want to ask in the criminal law section..

I doubt that it will do anything, but might want to ask there.

spawn_x

some crap for not having insurance, but nothing relating to your probation.

however i would still report it to avoid any consequences you may have if you don't...

B

badmatrix

thank you so much. this makes me feel a bit better since i do have my bi weekly visit with my po in the morning.

spawn_x

explain the situation to him.. i'm sure you had a good reason to be speeding and haven't had other violations in the past.. also tell him about the insurance date washing out (not that I believe that, but he might).

good luck

B

badmatrix

actually. the date wasnt washed out, just the card was hard to read, but the insurance was expired at the time of my traffic violation. but i have insurance now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">