• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Insurance or tags!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JessB

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

My boyfriend was caught driving with no insurance and expired tags. He has a court date this week. I know he could face $500 - $1000 fine and or 90 day jail sentence. Realistically what should he expect? And is there anything he can do to get out of it?

H

hexeliebe

He's not going to get out of it. And the only way he is going to mitigate the fines is to go get insurance and get the car registered. He'll still have to pay the fine, but he'll more than likely pay the lower end.

J

JessB

Well. I appreciate your reply.

This is what happens when you make procrastination a hobby.

H

hexeliebe

don't overreact over it. I have a patent on procrastination.

Just tell him to get these things done and stand up like a man. Otherwise, he's going to be making a bad situation worse.

B

badtenant

UMMM.....Are you SURE you want to keep a LOSER BOYFRIEND like this one?

This should be a BIG HINT, that this wont be the only time you will have to bail him out of these messes.

======================================

JessB said:
What is the name of your state? Kentucky

My boyfriend was caught driving with no insurance and expired tags. He has a court date this week. I know he could face $500 - $1000 fine and or 90 day jail sentence. Realistically what should he expect? And is there anything he can do to get out of it?

B

badtenant

JessB said:
He cooks and cleans.
Good Point, we men get big boobed blonde bimbos to do the same....

so fair is fair...good luck with him.

J

JessB

Good guy, bad choices. I think he's learning his lesson.

J

JessB

No. He has a job. I make more but he contributes what he has.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">