• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Insurance what do I do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whattodo

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?I am in Indiana.
I was in the middle of a intersection and started to enter a two lane north bound road. I saw a vehicle coming and immediatly stopped. He swerved his jeep and went into a snow covered ditch. I pulled over and he jumped out and started yelling at me and said I know the frame is bent, he said that repeatedly. No one was hurt. I have no insurance so I said I would have to pay the damages. I A wrecker pulled his jeep out of the ditch and he got in it and drove off. There wasn't a scratch on it. He called me two days latter and said there was $2300 in damages. I know I am responsible but I know he's trying to rip me off. What can I do?

Well, your first mistake was admitting fault. How did the wrecker get there? Were the police called? Did they make a report? What does it say? Did you get an estimate from the other driver (which may be moot depending on your other answers). You have to provide a lot more information to get an accurate answer.

sukharev

The first mistake you made is to have no insurance. Everything else is secondary to that. To give you a perspective, what if the guy had slammed into you instead, and went into hospital for a month with long-term injuries? Not only would you dread this for the rest of your life, but you would be broke trying to pay his bills. Sorry, could not help it. Pay the guy up, and buy yourself insurance and piece of mind. If you do have insurance, they take care of determining the damages and you don't get screwed.

sukharev said:
Well, remember 2000 election?
Good response. I like that.

Actually, you're right, but I thought that the OP should have had insurance was obvious. Since he did not, I was advising him based on that fact.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">