• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No license, No insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scott s

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I was on my way to lunch and it was very foggy for noon. I was driving down the road when someone pulled out right in front of me. I swerved and was hit in the side (T-bone). There was an officer at the opposite stop sign as the lady who hit me. He saw the whole thing and stated it was totally her fault. He and the lady both stated that my lights were not on, however I denied this allogation. Anyways I am uninsured and pretty sure my license was revoked due to some unpaid traffic tickets. The officer never ran my license while I was present and I gave him false insurance information. I know that it will not take long for them to figure out that the information I gave them is not legitimate. My question for you is "Am I liable for damages to her car since I am not a licensed driver or insured? What kind of charges do I face in court? How bad is this mess?!!!!!!!"
I really do appreciate any and all information you can give me on this matter.

Lynx 36

Quote: "My question for you is "Am I liable for damages to her car since I am not a licensed driver or insured?"

No

Quote: "What kind of charges do I face in court? How bad is this mess?!!!!!!!"

Driving under suspension, driving w/o insurance, there will also probably be a charge f/ providing false info. to the officer. It's not a really bad mess but, additional license suspension, fines, and probably some jail time as well. It really depends on your previous record what exactly will happen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">