• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no money coming in...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

funkejamie

What is the name of your state?
Oregon. My husband was in a serious car accident about 2 mths ago. He got knocked unconcious and was rushed to the emergency room. He suffered a serious concusion and had 8 stitches in his head. The other driver was stopped at a stop light. He decided to go through the intersection anyway, pulling out infront of my husband. My hus came through the intersection at 55-60 mph t-boned the car. The other ins. is taking full responsability. The problem is that my hus has been out of work for over 2 mths now, his doctor bills are about 15-20,000 and the only income is the pip from the ins. We just found out that the kids liability ins is 25,000. We aren't even going to get wage loss from these guys. We know we could sue the family, because the kid was only 19 and was under the parents ins., but we don't want to wipe out the family. We could tell they don't have much. We are getting turned into collections, we arn't able to pay utilities, car payments, insurance, hardly anything. We just don't know what to do. Any suggestions would be great, Thank you.

F

funkejamie

We weren't aware that you could. What is that and how do you go about it. It might be to late though because he may be going back to work in the next couple of weeks. What are the requirements?

F

funkejamie

Does anyone have a opinion on what to do about the settlement amount? If the family only has minimal coverage which is 25k, and the doctor bills are 20k, that leaves us with 5k and after paying the lawyer that aint sh*t!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">